WHAT WE DO
BBCA, a Coalition set out to combat the spread of HIV/AIDS and facilitate the provision of quality and comprehensive care and support to employees affected and infected via workplace programmes.
BBCA’s vision is to ensure that every private sector company in Botswana develops and implements HIV/AIDS interventions. More precisely, BBCA’s vision of the future is:
- Prevention, treatment care and support efforts to be greatly enhanced through optimizing the private sector’s capacity
- Greater logistical and support from other sectors and development partners
- Greater involvement of the business community to become an active, if not a leading, partner in the national multi-sectoral response as articulated in the National Strategic Framework (NSF 2003-2009)
- Further outreach and sector-specific support through establishment of minibusiness coalitions stratified by sector and/or geographic locations
- Cultivate mentorship between small and large companies
BBCA’s mission is to strengthen the Botswana private sector's role in managing and combating the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the workplace.
Our Strategic Objectives
- To mobilise and sensetise the private sector institutions on HIV and AIDS
- To build and strengthen institutional capacity of the SME for development of HIV/AIDS workplace programmes and policies
- To strengthen networking and cordination of the private sector response to HIV/AIDS in Botswana
- To facilitate M&E and reporting by enterprises collaborating in the private sector response to HIV/AIDS
- To build and strengthen BBCA institutional capacity and organisational development